Applying for academic specialist promotion – Panel discussion
Join us for a panel discussion on the promotion process for UoM academics whose position may not follow the conventional career trajectory.
Friday 31 March
In person at the Alan Gilbert Building 161 Barry Street Theatre 4 Carlton, VIC 3053
Panel will be followed by discussion, informal networking and refreshments. Please register for catering purposes.
About the panel
This is a chance for academic specialists, and in particular women in these roles, to obtain practical advice in applying for promotion. In doing so, we hope to see more diverse senior leadership at UoM with gender parity, and for each to find their own unique pathways to leadership roles.
All welcome. The panel will be followed by a light lunch and networking.
- Wendy Chapman – Associate Dean of Digital Health and Informatics, Director, Centre for Digital Transformation of Health
- Kate Coleman – Associate Professor, Melbourne Graduate School of Education
- Trish Campbell – Senior Research Fellow, Viral Epidemiology, Doherty Institute
- Natalie Hannan – Associate Professor MDHS, Associate Dean of Diversity and Inclusion
- Priyanka Pillai, Research Data Specialist, Melbourne Data Analytics Platform
Theatre 4 is located up the main stairwell of the Alan Gilbert Building.
Order of proceedings
- 11am – Arrive with refreshments served
- 11.30am – Panel discussion begins
- 12:45pm – Panel ends and discussions continue over refreshments
- 1pm – Official end, but all are welcome to mill around and chat around the refreshments table until 1.30pm